Tuesday 10 January 2012

TRAPPED AT HOME

I recently sold this very special painting! 
Thank you Axel and Anuschka for purchasing it for your lovely home!







































TRAPPED AT HOME
Gouache on Fabriano Artistico 640 gsm Paper. 
70 x 50 cm ( 90 x 70 cm framed lime oak)

I've always found the tales of Alice in Wonderland fascinating, this painting was inspired by one of them in particular where she drinks a potion that makes her grow so much she can't fit in a house.

Trapped at home is, I guess is a little bit autobiographical, I spend quite a large amount of time on my own at home working and painting. The church and the  buildings represented in the painting are inspired by the view from my studio.
I don't have cats, owls or talking insects to whisper in my ears but I do have plenty of tea!




No comments:

Post a Comment